Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jack Heuer, TAG Heuer honorary chairman, steps back into the racing pits


Five decades after taking to the pits and paddocks of the Twelve Hours of Sebring Race as timekeeper (where he was inspired to create the Carrera collection), TAG Heuer honorary chairman Jack Heuer on Sunday, April 18 returned to his racing roots at the Shanghai Grand Prix, where he watched TAG Heuer ambassadors Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton take first and second place, respectively.

Heuer spent the whole day inside the McLaren pit, wearing a headset linked to engineers and technicians: "My best race ever," Heuer said. "It sent me decades back and I could feel my beginner's spirit during the whole weekend."

Added the 78-year-old, "I was like a kid in a chocolate factory ! I have lived Formula 1 backstage for several years but this world has evolved so fast… it was like living a totally new experience."

No comments:

Post a Comment